Dates: July 9 – 20, 2018
This course is designed to present an effective method for teachers of Italian Language and Culture. Based on Suzanne Branciforte’s culture-based, communicative approach, the techniques presented will facilitate lesson plan preparation and enable instructors to have more fun while covering more ground effectively. Teachers of language and culture have an enormous responsibility and a daunting task; participants in this course will find they take home practical, useful tools to implement in their daily teaching life.
This 2-week, 50-hour course is divided into 40 hours of lessons and 10 hours of hands-on workshop. Morning lessons (9 a.m. to 1 p.m.) are complemented by four afternoon workshops; a package of dinners and excursions is included in the course fee, while leaving free time for participants to explore local sites of interest.
Themes treated include
- A review of Italian grammar with special attention to effective presentation
- Lexical fields, including an update for expressions and current usage
- How to teach culture, and which culture to teach
- Class management
- Evaluating the five skills
Upon successful completion of the course, Study in Italy will issue a certificate.
Who can sign up for this course?
- Teachers of Italian LS/L2, both in Italy and abroad
- Teachers who would like to improve, update and perfect their teaching methods and techniques
- Those who wish to prepare for the DITALS teaching certificate
With degrees from Harvard and UCLA, she has been teaching Italian to foreigners for the past 25 years. Author of the well-known text Parliamo italiano! (5th edition with Wiley& Sons), as well as Sì, lo so!, a manual for learning Italian designed for use at the middle school level, Branciforte teaches the methods of teaching Italian to foreigners at the University of Genoa.
Costs: € 1,200.00 VAT included
For participation in only 1 of the 2 weeks: € 726.00 VAT included